This year we present an old inspiration. A white wine from the DO Montsant, created with Macabeu and white Garnatxa, two varieties adapted to the area since the Middle Ages. Gran Anyada’s aspirations together with the qualities of a viticulturist and producer like Josep Maria Vendrell have developed this exciting project which we hope deserves the acceptance of our clients.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
75% Macabeu i 25% Garnatxa Blanca
2 months on fine lees
- More than 30-year-old vines grown in calcareous clay soil. Goblet pruning.
- Controlled fermentation at about 14-16ºC. Aged on fine lees for 2 months and stirred weekly.
- Its aromatic profile is complex with white fruit power. Tropical and some Mediterranean herbs touches. Unctuous mouthfeel. · High acidity and well-structured. It leaves a long aftertaste, as well as a sensation of freshness and harmony.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 6-8ºC
There isno need to decant the bottle, simply open it, if possible, 15 minutes before serving it.
- The combination of Macabeu and white Garnatxa is typical from the areas of Montsant and Terra Alta.
- The Macabeu varieties gives structure to the wine, and the white Garnatxa variety is useful for its aromaticprofile.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour of the wine, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...
Pasta with seafood