DO Pla de Bages
The Playà’s family vineyard is located at the northeastern slope of the Montserrat mountain. Two varieties of grapes, grenache and cabernet franc, barely cultivated in the DO area, have been harvested there for over 50 years. Always seeking for novelty within quality, Carles Playà and Marià Bigordà, father and son, now present a new well researched project, within this young Catalan Denomination of Origin.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
75% Garnatxa, 25% Cabernet Franc
Aged for 15 months in French oak barrels
14,5 % vol
- Trellised vines of homogeneous production in medium altitude and stony soil.
- Selected hand-picked grapes separated according to their variety.
- Controlled fermentation at 28ºC and coupage of the varieties before aging them in fine grain medium toast French oak barrels.
- Shelf life: around 8 years.
- High red pigmentation.
- Powerful aroma of black fruits with hints of licorice. Pleasant tannins. Good tear. Long finish with a good structure.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 16-18ºC.
Decant the wine 1 hour before serving it. With the bottle at an angle pour the wine trying to keep the flow slow and steady, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...