ELSDOS de Pau Costa, Black Label
DO Ribera del Duero
In the highest part of the DO Ribera de Duero, there are rich and deep lands, which are excellent for vineyard cultivation. A land full of history because it was a Roman settlement more than 2000 years ago, as shown in the allegorical Bacchic mosaic found in 1972. All of these characteristics are what define the land where Anun Sanz, manager of Bodega Montevannos, and the oenologist Miguel San Juan, have worked with Marià Bigordà, father and son, since 2015. Together, they have achieved a ‘’Crianza’’ wine which combines the oenological properties of the ‘’Tinta del País’’ and ‘’Merlot’’ varieties. It has an excellent colour, balanced acidity, and a very pleasant aftertaste in the line of the most acclaimed brands. Now, we introduce you to the Magnum 1,5L format.
Miguel San Juan
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
100% Tinta del País
Aged for 17 months in a 80% French, 20% American oak barrel
- Vines planted in calcareous land located at an altitude of 900m.
- Hand-picked grapes in fruit boxes and selected in sorting tables in entering the cellar. Very slow and controlled fermentation at 28ºC. Aged for about 17 months in American and French oak barrels, and a minimum of 12 months in a bottle.
- Shelf life: around 12 years.
- High pigmentation, dark, with purplish tones. Cheerful, powerful and clean aroma, from dark, ripe and sweet fruits, plums and blackberries. Pleasant, silky and sweet tannins. Good tear. Soft, long finish with a very good structure.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 15-17ºC.
Decant the wine 2 hours before serving it. With the bottle at an angle pour the wine trying to keep the flow slow and steady, then slowly spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit until it is ready to drink.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour of the wine, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...