By joining their companies’ goals, Gran Anyada and Vendrell-Rived have developed a new project in the Montsant DO, which we are sure will earn the acceptance of the majority of our customers. It is a cheerful and youthful wine called ‘’Quimbi’’, and it expresses how much we have always trusted the Samsó variety when it is treated with complete neatness from the vineyard to the bottle. Needless to say, the wine goes through a very precise production, which doesn’t damage any of its excellent peculiarities.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
100% Organic Cariñena
Aged for 2 months in French barrel
- Over 35-year-old vineyards grown in limestone-rich clay and limestone soils. Goblet pruning.
- Low production (750 grams per vine) results in a greater concentration and longevity in the final wine. Indigenous yeast is used for the fermentation process and pumped over twice a day to bring the color out.
- High pigmentation, intense and intense smell, and gentle texture.
- Fine grain medium toast French oak barrels.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 14-16ºC.
Decant the wine half an hour before serving it. Turn the bottle upside down and let the wine splash out of the bottle into the centre of the decanter, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in cool places where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
The Montsant DO forms a “ring” and inside it we can find the Priorat QDO.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...