Seeking the best characteristics of the Catalan region of Empordà, Josep Serra and Marià Bigordà, father and son, merge their knowledge with old and prepared vines to make a very elaborated “blend” (coupage) with an academic Shiraz that adorns a mature Grenache and an elegant Cinsaut. “Som-hi” will astound you!
Josep Serra i Pla
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
50% Syrah, 30% Samsó, 20% Garnatxa
Aged for 11 months in French oak barrels
14,5 % vol.
- Vines grown in stony calcareous soils that customizes the product.
- Fine grain medium toast French oak barrels.
- Opaque wine with a ripe aroma; black fruit and an elegant “blue” flower (viola) that provides a good continuity with a very “fatty” texture, ample in tannins and with a woody creaminess, it has a toasty prominence that makes it a good-selling wine over the long haul.
- Shelf life: 15 years.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 16-17,5ºC.
Decant the wine 4 hours before serving it. Turn the bottle upside down and let the wine splash out of the bottle into the centre of the decanter, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
- Empordà DO is the area where the wind (tramontane) has more impact. A benefit for the health of the grapes and therefore, to ensure the quality of the wines.