Thinking about strength, corpulence and an outstanding personality, Xavier Iturria, entrepreneur by nature, seeks to ensure all the expected characteristics of Toro wines in his goblet pruning vines. The combination of ideas between Xavier Iturria and Marià Bigordà, father and son, has shaped into a project both ambitious and innovative.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
100% Tinta de Toro
Aged for 18 months in French oak barrels
- Vines planted before the phylloxera plague located on a high plateau 700 meters above sea level. Calcareous, deep and hot sand-clay soils that help the vines ripen.
- Long fermentation with indigenous yeasts and malolactic fermentation in a barrel.
- Fine grain medium-high toast French oak barrels.
- Spectacular fusion of red berries with a sweet and powerful taste. It has a traditional long finish and an exceptional personality.
- Shelf life: 20 years.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Decant the wine 4-5 hours before serving it. Turn the bottle upside down and let the wine splash out of the bottle into the centre of the decanter, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
- The potential of the Tinta de Toro variety (Tinta del Pais, Tempranillo, Cencibel or elsewhere), grown in calcareous sand-clay soils and a semiarid weather, brings out the best in red wines aged for long periods of time.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...