It was 1997 was when Joan Sangenís decided to bottle, for the first time, a small part of his own vintage and the year when he established contacts with Marià Bigordà, father and son, in order to formalise a joint project. A project that has been extended and repeated over the years, reaching the acceptance and loyalty of Gran Anyada customers, which have made the products of “Celler Cal Pla” one of the standards of our company.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
65% Garnatxa, 35% Samsó
Aged for 14 months in French oak barrels and at least 1 year in a bottle
- 77 year old vines grown on abundant ferric slate terraces. Medium altitude limestone-rich clay soils with scarce rainfall.
- Hand-picked and selected grapes. Slow and controlled fermentation, aged in fine grain medium toast French oak barrels for 14 months and then 1 more year in a bottle.
- Large aromatic explosion of fruity, sweet and elegant Grenache, lively Carignan or Cinsaut with high acidity.
- Shelf life: more than 15 years.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 16-17,5ºC.
Decant the wine 5 hours before serving it. Turn the bottle upside down and let the wine splash out of the bottle into the centre of the decanter, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- In Spain there are only two Qualified Denomination of Origin: Rioja and Priorat.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...