DO Rias Baixas
Looking for the best Galician area to create the desired Albarinho, we find a real gem. Ricardo Abal Padin’s vineyards and winery, where both the owner and the oenologist Jorge Hervella instantly connected with Gran Anyada projects, which led to the creation of “80 Clicks”, a mature and well balanced white wine, still firmly rooted to its origins at the beautiful area of Val do Salnés.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
Aged for 4 months on fine lees
- 50-year-old plot, the oldest in the property. Tall, trellised vines, in the shape of a roof due to humidity. South-east orientated slopes with abundant calcareous stone but with a slightly acid composition.
- Manually harvested and crio-maceratied grapes. Low-pressed and slow, controlled fermentati-on, stirred on fine lees to provide a three year shelf life, inerting, filtration and sterilization by plates.
- Bottled in the same estate.
- “80 Clicks” (2019 harvest) is a wine of great aromatic intensity, with white flower highlights and green apple and stone fruits. Fine, balanced mouthfeel with great structure thanks to its well integrated and composed acidity. It is an elegant wine, aromatic and with a long aftertaste.
HOW TO SERVE IT
There is no need to decant the bottle. Simply open it a few minutes before serving it.
- Los viñedos de la DO Rias Baixas son auténticos minifundios donde los agricultores doblan el número de ha.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...
Rice with fish