DO Rias Baixas
Looking for the best Galician area to create the desired Albarinho, we find a real gem. Ricardo Abal Padin’s vineyards and winery, where both the owner and the oenologist Jorge Hervella instantly connected with Gran Anyada projects, which led to the creation of “80 Clicks”, a mature and well balanced white wine, still firmly rooted to its origins at the beautiful area of Val do Salnés.
Aged for 4 months on fine lees
- 50-year-old plot, the oldest in the property. Tall, trellised vines, in the shape of a roof due to humidity. South-east orientated slopes with abundant calcareous stone but with a slightly acid composition.
- Manually harvested and crio-maceratied grapes. Low-pressed and slow, controlled fermentati-on, stirred on fine lees to provide a three year shelf life, inerting, filtration and sterilization by plates.
- Bottled in the same estate.
- “80 Clicks” (2019 harvest) is a wine of great aromatic intensity, with white flower highlights and green apple and stone fruits. Fine, balanced mouthfeel with great structure thanks to its well integrated and composed acidity. It is an elegant wine, aromatic and with a long aftertaste.
HOW TO SERVE IT
- The vineyards of the Rias Baixas DO are authentic smallholdings where the number of farmers doubles the number of hectares.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.