In the Montsant DO, part of the vineyards of Josep Maria Vendrell Rived, we can find a red wine with good structure and great elegance that enhances the properties of the “terrers” in the area. The inquisitiveness for new experiences is part of Gran Anyada since its beginning, and that is confirmed with the presentation of Alta Volada. A select and very enviable project born from the collaboration between Casa Amàlia and Gran Anyada.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
55% Samsó, 45% Garnatxa
Aged for 15 months in French oak barrels
- 65-70 year old vines grown in limestone-rich clay soils. Goblet pruning.
- Low production (750 grams per vine) results in a greater concentration and longevity in the final wine. Indigenous yeast is used for the fermentation process and pumped over twice a day to bring the color out.
- High pigmentation, intense notes and smooth texture combined with tannins. Woody taste.
- Fine grain medium toast French oak barrels.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Decant the wine 2 hours before serving it. With the bottle at an angle pour the wine trying to keep the flow slow and steady, then slowly spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...
Grilled meat and white baked meat