The characteristics of a company like Gran Anyada put together with the qualities of a vitner and winegrower such as Josep Maria Vendrell, have allowed to develop projects in the Montsant DO that have earned the acceptance of the majority of our customers. This wine, named “Caram”, is another example of this good work relationship. Now in its Magnum format.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
60% Samsó, 40% Garnatxa
Aged for 15 months in French oak barrels
- 70 year old vines grown in limestone-rich clay soils. Goblet pruning.
- The low yield caused in vineyards (750 grams per plant) favours a greater concentration and longevity in the final wine. Indigenous yeast is used for the fermentation process and pumped over twice a day to bring the color out.
- High pigmentation, intense notes and smooth texture combined with tannins. Woody taste.
- Fine grain medium toast French oak barrels.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Decant the wine 2 hours before serving it. Turn the bottle upside down and let the wine splash out of the bottle into the centre of the decanter, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in cool places where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
- The Montsant DO forms a “ring” and inside it we can find the Priorat QDO.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...