After the success of CARAM as a very representative wine of the Montsant DO, we have elaborated a new CARAM by taking advantage of the characteristics of the vineyard plot called Pla de Maritzo, of which we emphasise its orientation and stony composition with limestone clay and an important ferruginous percentage.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
60% Samsó, 40% Garnatxa
Aged for 16 months in French oak barrels
- 70 year old vines grown in limestone-rich clay soils. Goblet pruning.
- Separate vinification and assembly after aging in barrels.
- Great pigmentation capacity, intense nose and very balanced texture with gentle tannins where the wood is very close together.
- Great power of longevity.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 15-17ºC.
Decant the wine 2 hours before serving it. Turn the bottle upside down and let the wine splash out of the bottle into the centre of the decanter, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in cool places where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
- The Montsant DO forms a “ring” and inside it we can find the Priorat QDO.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...