D3 enòlegs Catalayud red
Spectacular limestone slopes and gray slate with vines on a land reminiscent of the best areas in Priorat and Bierzo, at an altitude that varies between 900 and 1,000 meters. All this, provides Óscar Martínez and Carlos Sáenz as well as Marià Bigordà, father and son, with the values to produce one-of-a kind wines for their characteristics and unique for their distinct personality.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
Aged for 15 months in barrels made with French oak from Allier
- Old vines of low production in high altitude, dry and poor soils of gray slate.
- Hand-picked and selected grapes. Slow fermentation and aging takes places in Allier oak barrels with a fine texture and heavily toasted.
- Shelf life: around 12 years.
- Mature and sweet grenache Fine and subtle toasty flavour with a good volume on the palate and powerful tannins but very docile and polished.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 15-17ºC
Decant the wine 4 hours before serving it. Turn the bottle upside down and let the wine splash out of the bottle into the centre of the decanter, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
- Calatayud DO is privileged for its altitude, its continental climate and its gray slate and stony soils with low production but great quality.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...
Baked White meat
Dates and raisins