D3 Calatayud Macabeu
Spectacular limestone slopes and gray slate with vines on a land reminiscent of the best areas in Priorat and Bierzo, at an altitude that varies between 900 and 1,000 meters. All this, provides Óscar Martínez and Carlos Sáenz as well as Marià Bigordà, father and son, with the values to produce one-of-a kind wines for their characteristics and unique for their distinct personality.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
Aged for 2 months in French oak barrels and 5 months on fine lees
- Old vines of low production in high altitude, dry and poor soils of gray slate
- Hand-picked and selected grapes. After a gentle pressing process, they undergo a slow and controlled fermentation.
- Grapes are stirred on fine lees (bâttonage) and aged for 5 months in a barrel.
- Shelf life: around 36 months.
- Macabeo, balsamic and ripe tropical, maximum varietal expression. It is dense, sleek and it exhibits a range of mineral, fruity and vinous flavours.
HOW TO SERVE IT
There is no need to decant the bottle, simply open it, if possible, 30 minutes before serving it.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
- Calatayud DO is privileged for its altitude, its continental climate and its gray slate and stony soils with low production but great quality.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...
Fish with sauce