D3 enòlegs Verdejo
DOP Valles de Benavente
In Zamora, taking advantage of both the geological conditions of a poor stony clay soiland a continental climate, the Otero family, with over a hundred years of experience (since 1906), is committed to a changing, modern viticulture which produces in individual plots that largely meet the objectives of Gran Anyada regarding quality requirements.
4 months on fine lees
12,5 % vol.
- Trellised 25 year old vines.
- Winemaking (saignée) in separate plots. Very low and controlled fermentation.
- Grapes are stirred on fine lees and aged for 4 months. Shelf life: around 36 months.
- “Virgin” Verdejo with a notorious organoleptic balance (taste-aroma). “Stylist” mouthfeel with a presence and continuity of acidity, spring water and a freshly cut melon subtlety.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 6-8ºC
There is no need to decant the bottle, simply open it, if possible, 15 minutes before serving it.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool
place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
- Within the Rueda DO wines there are the ones labelled as Rueda (minimum of 50% Verdejo) and wines labelled as Rueda-Verdejo (minimum of 85% Verdejo).