Taking advantage of the slate areas in the plots of Carignan in the municipality of Porrera, Joan Sangenís and Marià Bigordà, father and son, break the pattern to produce a wine that has been completely fermented with the grape’s own stem. It also has been aged for 14 months in French oak barrels and left to rest for over a year in a bottle, seeking to obtain a better structure for the final product. An innovative and surprising project!
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
100% Samsó fermented with the grape’s own stem
14 months in French oak
- 35-year-old goblet pruned organic vines.
- Controlled fermentation at about 26ºC and with a very mature stem.
- Aged for 14 months in French oak barrels
- Shelf life: around 12 years.
- Red cherry colour with good intensity.
- Lively, elegant and powerful aroma of black ripe fruit. with good intensity and great elegance.
- Well combined and pleasant tannins. Good tear. Long and smooth finish.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 15-17ºC.
Decant the wine 2 hours before serving it. With the bottle at an angle pour the wine trying to keep the flow slow and steady, then slowly spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally, in cool places where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour of the wine, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...