It was 1997 was when Joan Sangenís decided to bottle, for the first time, a small part of his own vintage and the year when he established contacts with Marià Bigordà, father and son, in order to formalise a joint project. A project that has been extended and repeated over the years, reaching the acceptance and loyalty of Gran Anyada customers, which have made the products of “Celler Cal Pla” one of the standards of our company.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
65% Garnatxa, 35% Samsó
Aged for 11 months in French oak barrels
- 65-year-old goblet pruned vines.
- Controlled fermentation at about 26ºC and a part of the Cinsaut with stem.
- Aged for 11 months in French oak barrels.
- Shelf life: around 12 years.
- Reddish colour, red cherry with good intensity.
- Lively, powerful and elegant aroma of ripe black fruit. Soft and well-combined tannins. Good tear. Long and smooth finish.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Decant the wine 1 hour before serving it. With the bottle at an angle pour the wine trying to keep the flow slow and steady, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
- In Spain there are only two Qualified Denomination of Origin: Rioja and Priorat.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...