NATURAL SWEET WHITE WINE
Vines from the Muscat Blanc à Petits Grains variety planted more than 70 years ago in the municipality of Cadreita, in the Bàrdenas Reales desert, were chosen so Marià Bigordà, father and son, could make their project of a sweet wine for appetisers and desserts a reality. Harvest after harvest, they manage to provide “pleasure” to their already loyal customers. We have to thank the manager, Santi Labari, for always trusting in Gran Anyada.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
100% Muscat Blanc à Petits Grains
- Old vines of low production grown in a medium altitude, dried land in a continental climate with high temperature contrast between day and night.
- Hand-picked and overriped grapes. After a gentle pressing process, they undergo a slow and controlled fermentation. The wine undergoes a process of sterile filtration at its optimum residual sugar levels.
- Shelf life: around 36 months.
- Maximum expression of grape flavour, citrus (orange tree leaves) are also present. The elegance of the rose and fruit compote are not a nuisance.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 8,5-10,5ºC
There is no need to decant the bottle.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
- Navarra DO is known for its Rosé wines but also for its natural sweet wines. Among them, Olígitum stands out as one of the best.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...
Goose or duck foie gras
Apple and foie gras millefeuille