It was 1997 was when Joan Sangenís decided to bottle, for the first time, a small part of his own vintage and the year when he established contacts with Marià Bigordà, father and son, in order to formalise a joint project. A project that has been extended and repeated over the years, reaching the acceptance and loyalty of Gran Anyada customers, which have made the products of “Celler Cal Pla” one of the standards of our company.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
50% Garnatxa, 50% Samsó
Aged for 16 months in French oak barrels and at least 2 years in a bottle.
- Very old vines of low production, grown in northeast oriented terraces of abundant ferric slate. Medium altitude limestone-rich clay soils with scarce rainfall.
- Hand-picked and selected grapes. Slow and controlled fermentation, aged in fine grain medium toast French oak barrels for 16 months
- Large aromatic explosion of berry like, powerful and elegant Grenache and Carignan or Cinsaut with high acidity but a velvety and silky aftertaste. A wonderful show!
- Shelf life: more than 15 years.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Decant the wine 5 hours before serving it. Turn the bottle upside down and let the wine splash out of the bottle into the centre of the decanter, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- In Spain there are only two Qualified Denomination of Origin: Rioja and Priorat.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...