An area at an altitude between 700 and 900 metres, with high thermal contrast between day and night (+/-10 ºC) in a continental-Mediterranean climate. Low production vines almost a century old grown in stony soil. Those qualities characterize the wines in the area where Gran Anyada, along with Nacho Lázaro, owner of Bodegas Añadas SA, and the oenologist Óscar Martínez, has been able to produce excellent products that their clients and friends can enjoy.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
Aged for 4 months in French barrels
14,5 % vol.
- Goblet pruned vines that can produce up to 3.500 Kg/Ha.
- Pre-fermentation maceration during 7 days
- Controlled fermentation in cone shaped tanks at about 28ºC.
- Aged for 4 months in Allier French oak barrels.
- Shelf life: around 7 years.
- Red cherry colour with good intensity.
- Lively and powerful aroma of ripe black fruits, plums and blackberries. Pleasant and sweet tannins. Fruit and wood perfectly tied and fused. Good tear. Long and smooth finish with great structure
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 15-17ºC.
Decant the wine45 min. before serving it. With the bottle at an angle pour the wine trying to keep the flow slow and steady, then spin it counter-clockwise a couple of times and let it sit.
- Syrah is the best expression of a fruity and peculiar red wine.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...