Vestido largo y frac
An area at an altitude between 700 and 900 metres, with high thermal contrast between day and night (+/-10 ºC) in a continental-Mediterranean climate. Low production vines almost a century old grown in stony soil. Those qualities characterize the wines in the area where Gran Anyada, along with Nacho Lázaro, owner of Bodegas Añadas SA, and the oenologist Óscar Martínez, has been able to produce excellent products that their clients and friends can enjoy.
Marià Bigordà, father
Marià Bigordà, son
Aged for 4 months in French barrels on fine lees.
- Goblet pruned vines that can produce up to 2500 kg/Ha.
- The grape must is obtained through a “bleeding off” technique after 18 hours of cold maceration (9ºC) with the pulp.
- Controlled fermentation in in cone shaped tanks at about 17ºC.
- Aged for 4 months in new barrels made of French Allier oak, with its own fine lees and stirred weekly.
- Shelf life: about 4 years.
- Pale yellow colour with green hints.
- Aroma: fine, powerful, and complex with white fruit sensations (apple and pear) and citric hints. Dense, fresh, and well balanced mouthfeel. Persistent, lingering finish, very faithful to its ori-gins and its climate.
HOW TO SERVE IT
There is no need to decant the bottle. Simply open it minutes before serving it.
- Chardonnayis a short cycle variety but the climatological and altitude conditions of Cariñena can be compared to Xarel•lo of Penedès.
- Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour of the wine, its intensity and hue, can defi ne the features and characteristics of the wine.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...
Fish with sauce