Vites Veteres, white
There is evidence of projects that have earned, year after year, a high credibility among our friends-clients thanks to the good working relationship Marià Bigordà, father and son, have had with Joan Sangenís since 1997. We now offer the opportunity to enjoy an elegant white wine with a lot of structure. In an area of “awarded and qualified” black wines, we have produced a white wine from over 30 year old pansal and piquepoul vines, varieties that are hardly ever grown in Priorat. We take this opportunity to make a different and innovative product.
70% Pansal, 30% Picapoll
Aged for 5 months in a French oak barrel of 225 and 500 L (Pansal variety)
- Vines with more than 30 years planted in calcareous clay soil with patches that contain a lot of grey and ferric slate. Hand-picked with a careful sanitary selection, from 18-20 September.
- Pansal is fermented and aged in medium toast French oak barrels of 500 L, which doesn’t affect the flavour.
- Picapoll is macerated for a day, the saignée method is applied and then it is fermented in a stainless steel tank where the temperature is controlled. It is pumped over two times a day.
- A medium-bodied white wine with a good balance between aroma and taste. Balsamic, tropical and mature aromas. The optimum tears of wine exhibit a good density and fullness that highlight the mix of mineral and fruity sensations.
HOW TO SERVE IT
Serve from 7-9ºC
here is no need to decant the bottle, simply open it, if possible, 30 minutes before serving it.
- Els vins sempre s’emmagatzemen en posició horitzontal, en llocs frescos i Wines are always stored horizontally in a cool place where temperatures don’t go above 18ºC.
- It is important to open the bottles or decant them before consumption depending on the type of wine.
- The colour, its intensity and hue, can define the features and characteristics of the wine.
- In Spain there are only two Qualified Denomination of Origin: Rioja and Priorat.
IT PAIRS WELL WITH...